Thursday, June 12, 2008

ye olde love poem

A Song for Sevorg

I see Russia in the early light
with its onion tops veiled
in its ice milk mornings.
I see baby flowers bursting forth from your laughter
and I’m engulfed, enraged,

Overcome with a honeyed envy.
You smile and the czar collapses
You smile and the poet rejoices

Time clutches at you, stickier than do I
we both want to tie you down to this europe
but that's of no use.
"Look it's colorless" you say.
I look but,
I cannot see through those brilliant eyes
downcast but defensive
I cannot relate to your baffling mind
but I have every incentive.
You say it is for the doves
for the good of the movies,
I avoid the word love.

“Consider the benefits” you say.
I consider but,
libertarian municipialism
just doesn’t do anything for me.

Stroke your chin with your ivory fingers
and let your clothes down from that wirehanger body
quick look- updown stop at the toes
Clear smells linger under my nose.
Oh how the wind blows all through my head
while I listen to all the words that you've not yet said.

Soon the chickens will run through the courtyard,
and it’s a pity that
such musings of the mind
cannot be expressed with such dismal tools.

What the fuck?” you say with the a most confused expression
Since when did you start talking beautiful?”
I try to talk but,
tangerine trees burst forth and I’m rendered speechless

And then you smile
And then I say
"Oh who needs god oh who wants love"
And the snow drifts down all the while.

-Jayinee

No comments: